Tosa Town Square
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

<<Boards Main>>
Nancy
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:12:55 PM

Groups: Member

This is mostly for Swamp Gas...I just tried to post the following to your blog:

"This is an experiment to see whether I can actually post something in a JS forum. Ever since I started getting the Sunday/Wednesday paper, with all the coupons, I haven't been able to post anywhere but TTS. I also registered for an on-line account...maybe that had something to do with it."

Every time I attempted to post, it asked me to log in. Every time I logged in, with the account info I've had for years, it took me back to your blog and then gave me the "please log in" message when I tried to post. I went around in circles a couple of times before giving up. I've written to them to no avail. I feel like calling and telling them that I'll cancel my paid subscription if they don't fix it.

I can't post on Chris' blog either.

Hitchens’ Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Swamp Gas
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:21:51 PM

Nan...

when you login here you'll see a phone number and an email link in the upper right-hand corner. I'd try both of those and see if you can get a fix.

I had a similar problem recently and it was fixed when I reset my account with a different password.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together
Happytransplant1
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:07:19 PM

Good Luck. They are not responsive at all.

I post on JSonline, using my original id passcode. No problems. However, at some point that same userid and passcode that I used for NOW, hasn't worked in a long time.. and I can't seem to get it reset. I couldn't get anyone to reset my HT TTS passcode either-- ended up creating a new account.

It would be nice if they would allow universal passwords.

"When you walk through the door of opportunity, you do not slam it behind you. You reach back and help others succeed."
~Michelle Obama, Septemebr 04, 2012~
Nancy
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:49:03 PM

I've been going through the tech department. I think the guy's name is Matthew Newman. They gave me a new password that worked for them once and for me once. I think I left a comment on your blog. That was the last time I was able to log in with the new password.

When I log in now, it looks like I'm logged in but I'm not. Every time I try to post a comment, it will direct me to log in even though the information at the top of the page indicates that I'm logged in. I was sending messages back and forth to Matthew, but haven't heard from him since I told him what browser I use.

Hitchens’ Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
beck
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 6:01:30 PM

Nancy wrote:
I've been going through the tech department. I think the guy's name is Matthew Newman. They gave me a new password that worked for them once and for me once. I think I left a comment on your blog. That was the last time I was able to log in with the new password.

When I log in now, it looks like I'm logged in but I'm not. Every time I try to post a comment, it will direct me to log in even though the information at the top of the page indicates that I'm logged in. I was sending messages back and forth to Matthew, but haven't heard from him since I told him what browser I use.

Rest of the Milwaukee metro area has no problem posting, but the smartest woman in Wauwatosa can't seem to figure it out.....

“Productiveness is your acceptance of morality, your recognition of the fact that you choose to live–that productive work is the process by which man's consciousness controls his existence, a constant process of acquiring knowledge and shaping matter to fit one's purpose, of translating an idea into physical form, of remaking the earth in the image of one's values–that all work is creative work if done by a thinking mind...” | Atlas Shrugged
Nancy
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 7:13:00 PM

beck wrote:
Nancy wrote:

Rest of the Milwaukee metro area has no problem posting, but the smartest woman in Wauwatosa can't seem to figure it out.....

Actually, it's Matthew Newman who can't figure out his own software. I'm not going to follow your example and create dozens of new e-mail accounts so I can post under dozens of different identities.

Nancy
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:59:16 PM

Once again, I am officially logged into the 'TosaNOW commenting system but my comments won't post. So I'll say what I would have said if I'd been able to post directly to your blog.

The Patch blogs are still a mess. Jim Price needs to start being more selective in terms of whose blogs he allows. Maybe he should create a two tiered system with invited bloggers in one section and community bloggers in another so that readers can find their way to the blogs they want to read without having to pick through the garbage. He could always move the better written community blogs into the more exclusive section once they have a proven track record.

So when you're working with the JS on finding ways to block Spam, you might also speak with them about the fact that people who want to post have been blocked. It isn't just me, but I'm pursuing it mostly because I visit the site frequently. However...the only reasons I visit 'TosaNOW at this point are to read your blog (Chris often post hers on FB so I see it there) and to engage in this long conversation that AndrewJ and I have been having about TV shows. I post on the political threads in TTS because I'm here, anyway, looking for AndrewJ's TV posts. Were it not for the TV conversation, I'd be gone.

Zorro
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:19:14 PM

Zorro tells this Nancy to get the iPad and to give up the blog.

Esta habitación ya está manchada de sangre ... un poco más no hará ninguna diffrence! - Don Diego
Nancy
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:56:35 PM

Zorro wrote:

That makes about as much sense as most of the garbage you post.

Zorro
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 11:23:30 AM

Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Zorro grows weary oh the calling of names by the prickly one.

Zorro will return to the land of Zorro.

This Nancy has frightened many from The Town Square including Zorro's friend Sunny.

Zorro has nobody to speak the native tongue

This Nancy will not have Zorro to kick.

Esta habitación ya está manchada de sangre ... un poco más no hará ninguna diffrence! - Don Diego
Nancy
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 4:47:47 PM

Zorro wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

This Nancy has frightened many from The Town Square including Zorro's friend Sunny.

I'm guessing that your promise, which is reminiscent of Richard Nixon's response to his loss to Kennedy, will prove just as empty. You're a troll and trolls need to troll.

bernardo
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:17:09 PM

Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

I'm guessing that your promise, which is reminiscent of Richard Nixon's response to his loss to Kennedy, will prove just as empty. You're a troll and trolls need to troll.

Bernardo tells you that señor Zorro is a gentleman that keeps the word.

Bernardo will also tell you that El Zorro never called the bad names or frightened the peasants from The Town Square.

Bernardo hopes that Nancy is pleased with her deeds.
Nancy
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 8:18:57 PM

bernardo wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Bernardo tells you that señor Zorro is a gentleman that keeps the word.

Bernardo will also tell you that El Zorro never called the bad names or frightened the peasants from The Town Square.

Bernardo hopes that Nancy is pleased with her deeds.

I see that you resemble Zorro in that you're not a big fan of personal responsibility, either. I think the thing that really scares Zorro is that he knows I know he chickened out on a bet. Maybe he'll come back to TTS with a new identity.

Zorro
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:58:33 AM

Zorro wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

It is 11/12/13!

Zorro returns!

NancyH
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:09:08 PM

Zorro wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

It is 11/12/13!

Zorro returns!

Who cares?
Zorro
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:05:50 AM

Zorro asks is the Nancy H the same prickly Nancy of the many posts!

AndrewJ
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:10:19 AM

Zorro wrote:

It is 11/12/13!

Zorro returns!

Welcome back! Finally... some more life in this place!
NancyH
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:00:11 PM

Zorro wrote:

Yes. I had to change my username in order to log in.
Zorro
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 8:35:39 AM

NancyH wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Zorro is amused that this Nancy also posts under the identity NancyH.

Happytransplant1
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 8:18:33 PM

Zorro wrote:
NancyH wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Zorro is amused that this Nancy also posts under the identity NancyH.

I, too post under another username. At one time this forum had moderators that attended request like resetting passwords. But no more . . . we are on our own.

"When you walk through the door of opportunity, you do not slam it behind you. You reach back and help others succeed."
~Michelle Obama, Septemebr 04, 2012~