Tosa Town Square
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

<<Boards Main>>
rubber
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:01:58 PM

Groups: Member

A better comparison would be phones with full keyboards. You can obviously pump out a lot of characters with a full keyboard.

Ban phones with full keyboards.
Nancy
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:17:23 PM

Groups: Member

commonsense2008 wrote:
prodigal son wrote:
That's why I support laws that make it illegal to text and drive as well. I have to admit, I'm far less comfortable being on the road these days compared to 20 years ago. Back then more people had their eyes actually on the road. Good point rubber....both types are really dangerous to be around, I don't like being around either types if given a choice.

Texting while driving is an interesting comparison. Would you support a ban on all texting in general? No one needs to text. It would be easy to mandate all cell phone companies to stop offering texting on all of their cell phones. Banning texting while driving hasn’t stopped all the deaths and injuries caused by people doing it, so why not stop the practice of texting all together?

Google death and texting and you get a lot of stories about how people irresponsibly use their cell phones. I would be willing to bet that banning all texting would save more lives that banning assault weapons.

Would you advocate just abandoning laws completely because people just keep breaking them?

Hitchens’ Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.